[linux-cifs-client] cifs client version 1.33 posted

Steve French smfrench at austin.rr.com
Sat Apr 23 04:59:32 GMT 2005

I put out on the download site an updated version of the cifs client
(replaces files in the fs/cifs directory).
It contains the remaining bugfixes for any reported problems that had
been proven to be bugs
(there are still a few bugzilla bugs remaining though for new feature
requests such a new optional
uid mapping mechanism).   I would appreciate any testing feedback either
via Samba bugzilla
as usual or via the mailing list.

For current kernels the source is in Samba svn, and in the project bk
tree as usual, but also the
source can be downloaded at
    http://pserver.samba.org/samba/ftp/cifs-cvs/cifs-1.33.tar.gz

A version for the 2.6.8/2.6.9 based distros such as
RHEL4/FC3/SuseWorkstation 9.2, the source is:

http://pserver.samba.org/samba/ftp/cifs-cvs/cifs-1.33-RHEL4-FC3-SuSEW92.tar.gz
or the default x86 cifs.ko prebuilt
    http://pserver.samba.org/samba/ftp/cifs-cvs/cifs.ko-rhel4-cifs-1.33

for current SLES9 SP kernels, the source is at:
    http://pserver.samba.org/samba/ftp/cifs-cvs/cifs-1.33-SLES9-SP.tar.gz
or the default x86 cifs.ko prebuilt
 http://pserver.samba.org/samba/ftp/cifs-cvs/cifs.ko-sles9sp-cifs-1.33

With the kernel source code management process changing, I will hold off
for at least a few days sending this
off to mainline (and also allow more test time) but it is not much
beyond what has been in -mm and seems to be doing fine there as well.