[linux-cifs-client] CIFS doesn't cope well with network inter ruptions

a.nielsen at research.uq.edu.au a.nielsen at research.uq.edu.au
Wed Apr 20 07:25:51 GMT 2005

Hi Steve,

In that case I'll keep an eye out for v1.33 and see if it makes a
difference.  FWIW, I'm running the version that comes with kernel 2.6.11.8.

Out of curiosity, is there an option like NFS' "soft" which causes
everything to time out after a while?  That way if the server was down for
an extended period of time nothing would lock up permanently.

Cheers,
Adam.