[linux-cifs-client] cifs mounts not working after software suspend (swsusp)

Robert Freund rfreund at uos.de
Sun Apr 17 15:00:45 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm running kernel 2.6.11. Filesystems exported by a remote samba machine and
mounted using cifs will not work after resuming my machine from a software
suspend 2 / swsusp 2 / hibernate state (functionality you get with patches
from http://suspend2.net ). Unfortunately I can't get swusp1 to work here, it
always fails when I try to suspend, so I can't test if the problem exists
there, too.

After resuming, there are no new kernel messages. Doing an "ls" of the
mountpoint results in a couple of messages like this one:

 CIFS VFS: Error 0xfffffffb or on cifs_get_inode_info in lookup

and "ls" tells me: "Input/output error"

Doing a "mount -o remount /mnt/mountpoint" returns: "mountpoint does not
exist" (and no kernel messages).

"umount /mnt/mountpoint" seems to correctly unmount the cifs mount, but I get
this kernel message:

 CIFS VFS: cifs_umount failed with return code -5

After umounting I can mount the share without problems again.

Can anyone confirm this with (vanilla) software-suspend-1? Does anyone have an
idea what can be done about it? Is this even the the right place to ask?

I'm not subscribed to the list, so please cc me. Thanks.

Robert

--
Please encrypt email you send to me. My GnuPG public key:
http://www-lehre.inf.uos.de/~rfreund/rfreund-pub.gpg