[linux-cifs-client] user get lost by writing to a share which root has mounted

Christian Keller oerray at yahoo.de
Wed Apr 13 21:59:47 GMT 2005

Hello,

I want to mount the home directorys from a samba 3
server for Apache to use the public_html feature.
The Idea was to mount the /home on the Apache server
and not ever user home (we have ~1000 users).
The share was mounted from root. The usernames and groups
on the Apache box for read access are right. But if a user
makes a new file (through a php script or something like
that) the file owner is root.

Is this a configuration failure from me or
is something wronge with cifs/samba?

Thanks for your help.

sincerly
Chris