[linux-cifs-client] Re: [Samba] mount.cifs doesn't do japanese?

David Wuertele dave-gnus at bfnet.com
Wed Sep 22 22:10:28 GMT 2004

Steve> Now that a big global change has gone in, I can pick up work on
Steve> that patch again.  Tthis work was held up for the past week by
Steve> code reviews for the annotating of the little endian fields in
Steve> the kernel which was a big hit to cifs due to changing all of
Steve> the places where 16, 32 and 64 bit fields were converted from
Steve> le to host endianness in place (no longer supposed to be done).

Congrats.  If there's anything I can do to help with the 2.4 patch,
please let me know.