[linux-cifs-client] Re: [Samba] mount.cifs doesn't do japanese?

Steve French smfrench at austin.rr.com
Wed Sep 22 18:08:36 GMT 2004

 >  Is there a fix in patch form?  I would like to back-port it to my
 > 2.4.18 system.

Now that a big global change has gone in, I can pick up work on that
patch again.  Tthis work was held up for the past week by code reviews
for the annotating of the little endian fields in the kernel which was a
big hit to cifs due to changing all of the places where 16, 32 and 64
bit fields were converted from le to host endianness in place (no longer
supposed to be done).

 > is the 2.4 code being maintained anywhere?  The
 > last revision seems to be from February

Last version of the 2.4 code is from mid July.  cifs-1.20c-2.6.tar.gz
Almost certainly better than the version from February for most users.