[linux-cifs-client] Re: pseudo-symlinks on directories

Erik Latoshek forester at hacker.lv
Fri Oct 22 05:26:01 GMT 2004

maybe we must look at this issue at safety point, when deleting such
directories (that look like simple dirs but are links and application
cannot know this) we will delete all files inside even directories to
which link points.

i think that this will be surprising for user, "deleted one directory
but lost files in other directories". he cannot know that directory is
linked.

so i think that even making directory look like not-working link is ok.