[linux-cifs-client] Re: problems accessing winxp shares with directory links inside

Erik Latoshek forester at hacker.lv
Wed Oct 20 05:33:16 GMT 2004

well, on my system (Debian 3+) i was not able to do cd on linked
directories.

i'l write my example, directory structure on host machine:
share
user
   share

\user directory is being mounted, user have full rights on this share,
but \user\share\a and \user\share\d points to a directories \share\a and
\share\d which are read-only (Read + Read & Execute for mounting user)
and out of share scope.

in this case, i dont see reason to allow to read such link target
information, and maybe windows will not allow to do so as it is out of
user share scope. probably :>.