[linux-cifs-client] Mounting CIFS gives me permission denied

Neil Aggarwal neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Sun Oct 10 06:23:13 GMT 2004

Hello:

Some follow-up information.  I am able to communicate with the
file server using smbclient.

I tried this command:

smbclient -L 192.168.1.2 -U administrator
Password:

and entered the administrator password.

It gave me this output:

Domain=[HOMEXCORP] OS=[Windows 5.0] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        IPC$            IPC       Remote IPC
        print$          Disk      Printer Drivers
        GDrive          Disk
        NETLOGON        Disk      Logon server share
        G$              Disk      Default share
        ADMIN$          Disk      Remote Admin
        SYSVOL          Disk      Logon server share
        VPLOGON         Disk      Symantec AntiVirus
        C$              Disk      Default share
        VPHOME          Disk      Symantec AntiVirus
session request to 192.168.1.2 failed (Called name not present)
session request to 192 failed (Called name not present)
Domain=[HOMEXCORP] OS=[Windows 5.0] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

        Server               Comment
        ---------            -------
        APOLLO
        FILESERVER
        STATIOND
        STATIONF             STATIONF
        STATIONH
        STATIONJ
        STATIONL

        Workgroup            Master
        ---------            -------
        HOMEXCORP            APOLLO

But, if I try this command:
mount -t smbfs //192.168.1.2/Gdrive /mnt/GDrive -o user=administrator

I get this output:
cli_negprot: SMB signing is mandatory and we have disabled it.
5002: protocol negotiation failed
SMB connection failed

Any ideas?

Thanks,
	Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, JAMM Consulting, (972)612-6056, www.JAMMConsulting.com
FREE! Valuable info on how your business can reduce operating costs by