[linux-cifs-client] FW: UNC in linux bassackwards? hmmm

Tory M Blue tmblue at pacbell.net
Wed Oct 6 16:50:10 GMT 2004

Thanks for the response Steven

I can mount this using smbfs so I know the server is listening

[default root]# telnet 10.60.1.20 139
Trying 10.60.1.20...
Connected to 10.60.1.20 (10.60.1.20).
Escape character is '^]'.

I have been trying both 1.2 and 1.02 with no luck, I'm hoping that the
mount.cifs that I'm using is the latest, from Samba 3.0.  Also note I built
Cifs and smbfs as modules and not into the kernel.

[root at default root]# /usr/local/samba/bin/smbclient -L //10.60.1.20
session request to 10.60.1.20 failed (Not listening on called name)
session request to 10 failed (Not listening on called name)
Password:

Anonymous login successful
Domain=[SP] OS=[Windows 5.0] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]  <--- This is
actually a Network Appliance

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        IPC$            IPC       Remote IPC
        c$              Disk      Administrative Share
        ri              Disk
        mpc             Disk      MPC
        lri             Disk
        lqa             Disk
        site            Disk
session request to 10.60.1.20 failed (Not listening on called name)
session request to 10 failed (Not listening on called name)
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[SP] OS=[Windows 5.0] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

        Server               Comment
the workgroup line in my smb.conf, since I don't use samba, and this is only
for my Linux systems to mount to a CIFS or SMB mount, no PC ever connects to
my Linux server.

        Workgroup            Master

Thanks for any assistance, this has been kicking my back side :)