[linux-cifs-client] new readdir code

Steven French sfrench at us.ibm.com
Tue Nov 30 17:48:31 GMT 2004

> I compiled new code from bk tree and enabled new cifs code. I mounted
> share from w2k server. I was unable to list files.
>Status code returned 0xc0000008 NT_STATUS_INVALID_HANDLE
> fs/cifs/netmisc.c:  !!Mapping smb error code 6 to POSIX err -9 !!
> fs/cifs/readdir.c: calling findnext2
> fs/cifs/cifssmb.c: In FindNext

Yes - I fixed that late last night.   Small directories worked but I had
setup the parm pointer incorrectly in findnext response so was getting
bogus number of entries and random value for end of search (when directory
had more than one buffer full of find entries).

Currently the bk version works to Samba, but to Windows, although the wire
traffic and local debug traces look ok and strace output looks ok on the
client I am not seeing files on ls to Windows server (am debugging that at
the moment).   Getting close though.

Anyone with a big endian box that could try more current code against
Samba that would be helpful (I know the code against windows is going to
fail until I update the bk tree again).

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin
phone: 512-838-2294
email: sfrench at-sign us dot ibm dot com