[linux-cifs-client] lstat reporting different inode numbers on smb than it does on other filesystems

Hein-Pieter van Braam hp at syntomax.com
Wed Nov 3 17:24:30 GMT 2004

Hi steve!

I would love to take al look at that patch! in our envionment this isn't an
issue anyway. I myself was thinking about maybe when passing this
information, ceck weither or not a file is a link, and if it is, set the ino
the same as the target?
I think that would fix inode collisions, I am not very sure if this is
feasable though, and it might bog down the speed of stat...

I think the best way to implement this would be with a mount parm, as you will
very probably *only* need this baviour if you use the share as a home
directory. (at least, I haven't found any other way to trigger an error based
on this behaviour)

greeting!

Hein-Pieter van Braam