[linux-cifs-client] Re: mount.cifs getting password from stdin

Steve French smfltc at us.ibm.com
Fri May 14 18:12:48 GMT 2004

> The pam_mount PAM module insert a "-S" option when calling
> mount.cifs that aborts mount.cifs

OK - mount.cifs now accepts -S, although I implemented it slightly
differently than your suggestion so it would call the same routine that
is already used for password files, but it should work for you.

In addition I changed it so it now ignores "user" when specified with no
value (which mount took to mean user mount) because the mount tool can
insert that in the mount options in the example that Richard mentioned.

I also made some minor changes to the parse_mount_options in the kernel
code (ignoring, and not printing a warning, for the case in which
"noauto" is specified since that can safely be ignored and was set in
Richard's example)