[linux-cifs-client] Re: Incorrect FIND_NEXT2 transmission causing

Steven French sfrench at us.ibm.com
Tue May 4 03:58:14 GMT 2004

> Fixed it! Now I can do ls on a large share and there is no
> truncation.  CIFS works perfectly now.

My testing with that has gone ok so I have checked the fix into the project
tree.   I plan to request updates to the main 2.6 tree (which will include
this) soon - but only after I am more satisfied about a prereq fix being
tested in the project tree.  I need to analyze the unrelated issue of what
is going on now in the cleanup phase after connectathon posix "basic" test
4 (the chmod exerciser test) is finished when going to Windows servers, and
whether there is a problem with mode caching to Windows now.

Good find.

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin
phone: 512-838-2294
email: sfrench at-sign us dot ibm dot com