[linux-cifs-client] RE: CIFS not mounting Windows Shares (Adnan)

Adnan adnano at charter.net
Mon Mar 22 18:23:30 GMT 2004

Thanks Steve for the response.....

I am trying to Connect to Windows 2000 Server, XP (home and
Professional) and Windows 2003 Server. I checked the Local Security
Settings of Windows XP Professional and it is not restricting any
Workstations.  Also to verify that I connect to this XP machine.  I
mounted a share of this machine using
Smbclient (samba 3.0.2rc2) to my Linux machine (Mandrake 9.0).
Moreover, I can also connect to this share using other Windows Machines
from My Network Places.

I have also run,

Smbclient -L "192.168.1.35" -N and I see the list of machines that are
registered to that Workgroup/Domain.

Hope this additional information helps.

Thanks
Adnan