[linux-cifs-client] new 2.4 test version

Steve French smfltc at us.ibm.com
Tue Jun 8 20:11:17 GMT 2004

> It seems to me ... that in cifs_readdir (file.c around line 1520)
> the findParms.LastFindOffset is not initialized

That would be something that comes back from the server in the transact2
parms in the SMB response so could be a bug on that end, but to make
sure I would like to see a network trace. If you don't have some network
trace tool like ethereal or tcpdump installed you could simply "echo 1 >
/proc/fs/cifs/traceSMB" which will interleave the requests and responses
with other debug data (if /proc/fs/cifs/cifsFYI is set to 1) in
/var/log/messages

But I also remember that I updated file.c over the weekend (finally the
last of the big backport, now finished merging the 2.6 fixes back) -
although I doubt if that would make a difference since if the server
seems to be returning a corrupt last entry.

http://cvs.samba.org/samba/ftp/cifs-cvs/cifs-2.4test-1.17c.tar.gz

If you have a network trace of that FindFirst request and response (and
FindNext one too) I would like to see it