[linux-cifs-client] fstab: conflicts with "user" option

Andreas andreas at conectiva.com.br
Mon Jun 7 17:24:40 GMT 2004

There seems to be a conflict between the "user" option to mount.cifs
and the regular /etc/fstab "user" option which is used to specify that
a regular user should be able to mount that filesystem.
If I add "user" to the options field in /etc/fstab, mount.cifs complains that
the username is missing, when in fact I wanted just to specify that a regular
user should be able to mount this filesystem. I know I also need to set SUID
root if I want this to work, but I thought I should mention this here anyway.