[linux-cifs-client] Re: ownerships and permissions.

Steven French sfrench at us.ibm.com
Wed Jun 2 13:41:45 GMT 2004

> I'd like to mount a w2k3 cifs share
That works for cifs vfs (Win2K3 often requires SMB signing
and cifs vfs supports signing

> and have each file owned by the respective windows user
> and the proper permissions (using winbind for
> nss and pam, so the w2k3 users are "visible" to
> the linux box), is this possible
Winbind can do sid to uid mapping, but since cifs vfs does not query
Windows security information yet I don't think you have a complete solution
in which w2k3 users are visible in the way you want (yet), but its getting
closer.

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin
phone: 512-838-2294
email: sfrench at-sign us dot ibm dot com