[linux-cifs-client] Re: CIFS on Debian Stable (Agostino Russo)

Agostino Russo arusso at aequilibrium.com
Fri Jul 30 14:56:26 GMT 2004

Thanks a lot!

I could indeed compile and run with no problems. Only thing is that name
resolution does not seem to work with cifs (while it works with
mount.smbfs).

when issuing

# mount.cifs //SERVERNAME/SHARE ...

mount error: could not find target server. TCP name SERVERNAME/SHARE not
found  rc = 1074982472

It works with ip address and with smbfs.