[linux-cifs-client] Re: Unable to create new file on windows 2000

Ian ian at gallowit.com
Fri Jan 30 10:13:30 GMT 2004

The following output came from sbmcacls run against the root of the share

REVISION:1
OWNER:S-1-5-32-544
GROUP:S-1-5-21-1713796142-668341455-4547331-512
ACL:S-1-5-21-1713796142-668341455-4547331-512:0/3/0x001f01ff
ACL:S-1-5-21-1713796142-668341455-4547331-4652:0/3/0x001301bf

How do the acl settings differ when using smbfs as opposed to cifs? When
I mount the same share using smbfs I do not see the same behaviour i.e.
I can create new files without having to have full control over the share.

The change in permissions is done to the network share rather than on
the ntfs settings i.e. when using cifs we set full control on the
network share whilst the ntfs acls deny full control.

Cheers,
Ian