[linux-cifs-client] Re: du reports wrong directory sizes on kernel 2.6(.1rc2) and cifs 0.9.4

Michael Pflüger empx at gmx.de
Wed Jan 7 22:52:20 GMT 2004

I have tried it with the current 2.6 cifs development kernel which
includes the latest cifs, but i still have this problem.
ls -l displays the correcz sizes as i said, however, when i do ls -ls,
the sizes in front of the filenames are far too small too (159K for a
5MB file..)
As i already said, when i use smbfs to mount the share all this does not
happen and sizes are reported correctly.
I hope a developer can tell me his opinion about it and if it can be fixed?

regards,
Michael