[linux-cifs-client] Directory Listings Truncated

Mitch Crane mcrane1 at alltel.net
Thu Feb 12 22:21:01 GMT 2004

Apparently I spoke too soon. My original problem is indeed fixed, but now I
see another issue resulting in truncated directory listings about 75% of the
time in some directories. This doesn't happen in the root of my share, which
may be because the filenames are all relatively short, but in the
subdirectories some of the filenames are 50-100+ chars and it appears to be
the ones with longer filenames where it occurs.

Again it's failing on a FIND_NEXT2 command with STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_INVALID,
but this time I think I have to blame Windows, because as far as I can see
the filename is correct and the SMB protocol part of the packet sent on a
failed FIND_NEXT2 command is identical to that sent when it succeeds.