[linux-cifs-client] Re: writethrough of mmapped pages

Steve French smfrench at austin.rr.com
Sun Feb 1 00:16:45 GMT 2004

Well the filemap_fdatawrite after generic_write seems to cause the
problem. Removing the call to it there worked around the problem - fsx
works fine as long as I don't flush the dirty data with
filemap_fdatawrite after the call to generic_write in my write wrapper
routine. Removing it fixed the problem (but that doesn't seem to be very
useful since when I lose the caching token - I really do need to flush
the data to the server after every write - and if filemap_fdatawrite is
not safe to call after every write - what routine should I call?)