[linux-cifs-client] Unicode filenames on cifs mounted share

Yaroslav Rastrigin yarick at territory.ru
Thu Aug 26 09:08:01 GMT 2004

Hi,
On 25 August 2004 22:53, you wrote:
> > every incorrect filename was in "Continuation to number
>
> A couple of quick checks.   Does stat work but readdir fail? ie would:
>
>         stat /mnt/cyrillic_file
>
> return correct information but
>
>         ls -l /mnt/*
>
> fail.
Yes, this is exactly the case.
> Would
>
>         ls -l /mnt/cyrillic*
>
> fail (presumably that would put the file in the first tcp packet of the
> SMB)?
No, this test succeds, and I could cd into the directory which is displayed be
displayed, but I know it's name.

> I think it likely that the string conversion routine on the client is at
Probably, 'cause at least number of directories is correct, as well as their
timestamps, it's their names which are garbled.

--
Managing your Territory since the dawn of the times