[linux-cifs-client] sym/hardlink error

Scott Barker Scott_Barker at mtechIT.com
Wed Aug 25 22:34:00 GMT 2004

After some back-and-forth with Jeremy on this, and a bit of
experimentation on my end, we've determined the following:

- the error is fixed by adding 'use sendfile = no' in smb.conf

- the error is also fixed by upgrading to kernel 2.6.6 (I was using
  kernel 2.4.20)

There appears to be some bug in sendfile() in the 2.4.20 kernel.

--
Scott Barker                                    Scott_Barker at mtechIT.com
Manager, Infrastructure                         403-233-0740 x248