[linux-cifs-client] trouble accessing files named with accented characters

"Cristóvão B. B. Dalla Costa" cbraga at freedows.com
Thu Aug 19 14:58:22 GMT 2004

Hello

We're having trouble here accessing filenames with accented charactes in
a CIFS share.

We've isolated the problem to the open() system call. stat() will
recognize the file correctly, but open will not open it claiming the
file doesn't exist. ls and cat show the same behaviour as te system
calls. To illustrate:

# ls áóúç.txt
áóúç.txt

# cat áóúç.txt
cat: áóúç.txt: No such file or directory

We're using Fedora Core 1 kernel 2.4.22 that we patched with
cifs-2.4test-1.17d.tar.gz.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is this a CIFS bug?

Thanks in advance,

--
Cristóvão Dalla Costa
cbraga at freedows.com