[linux-cifs-client] Re: CIFS not mounting Windows Share correctly

Steven French sfrench at us.ibm.com
Fri Aug 13 19:11:17 GMT 2004

For 2.4 usage I feel much more comfortable with the stability of relatively
fewer versions of the cifs vfs - in particular I am seeing good results
with the current 1.20c (and one of the 1.17 versions before that).  The 2.6
versions receive most of the focus but 1.20c should be fine on 2.4 Is it an
option for you to try that?   I have built it on 2.4.23 and later but
should be ok on 2.4. kernels even earlier than that since the vfs interface
in 2.4 was fairly stable in that timeframe.

http://hostopia.samba.org/samba/ftp/cifs-cvs/cifs-1.20c-2.4.tar.gz

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin
phone: 512-838-2294
email: sfrench at-sign us dot ibm dot com