[linux-cifs-client] Re: Process hangs copying large file to cifs

Steve French (IBM LTC) smfltc at us.ibm.com
Fri Aug 13 06:34:19 GMT 2004

Your log entries indicate that the socket was dead, so the patch you hand applied for hashing of inodes
appears unrelated.   Many (including myself copy) much larger files regularly via CIFS.   I don't know
whether the best approach is to backport the other fixes that could affect this code path to your kernel
so we can see if this is a current problem in some recovery path or has already been fixed.   There are
only three to four global changes in the kernel (that hit the fs/cifs directory) since 2.6.6 that would
have to be dealt with to compile the current 2.6.8 fs/cifs directory on an older 2.6.6 kernel.