[linux-cifs-client] Re: CIFS not mounting Windows Share correctly

Steven French sfrench at us.ibm.com
Thu Aug 12 07:09:14 GMT 2004

Is the CIFS version compiled in your 2.4 kernel (see fs/cifs/CHANGES)
version 1.20c?

The negprot is being rejected - which got me thinking of trying it over
port 139 (override via port= as mount option) - also got me thinking about
whether negprot could be rejected by the server if it is configured in
registry for (only) NTLMv2 auth (cifs does NTLM currently) - also got me
thinking about whether the workstations allowed to connect were being
restricted on the windows side (which can be done through windows admin
guis).

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin
phone: 512-838-2294
email: sfrench at-sign us dot ibm dot com