[linux-cifs-client] CIFS symlink Input/Output error (Craig P)

Steve French (IBM LTC) smfltc at us.ibm.com
Wed Aug 11 02:07:53 GMT 2004

The EIO error sounds strange - any change you could

echo 1 > /proc/fs/cifs/cifsFYI   (On the client)
then run your ln command
then send the dmesg (/var/log/messages) excerpt (on the client) caused by that
operation

other useful info would be the log.smbd output on the server - or what should
be tiny a network trace (ethereal, tcpdump etc.) of that operation - I wanted
to see if there was anything misformed on the wire - and if I can get a more
detailed idea of what caused the problem from the CIFS NT Status code returned
by the server (Rather than the more primitive unix error code EIO which the ln
command gets back)