[linux-cifs-client] Steve: CIFS symlink Input/Output error

Craig P joeblow750 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 2 14:38:31 GMT 2004

Hi there,

It was suggested to me that I ask Steve about the following error I am
getting:
ln: creating symbolic link
`/usr/portage/packages/games-puzzle/xtris-1.15.tbz2' to
`../All/xtris-1.15.tbz2': Input/output error

Both Linux client and server are running Samba 3.0.5 with the Linux 2.6.7
kernel.
The client has mounted the SMB share as a CIFS filesystem with root
privileges.
The server smb.conf has 'unix extensions = yes; follow symlinks = yes; wide
links = yes'

I'm happy to provide any more information that could help fix this issue as
I don't want to revert back to NFS.

Kind regards,

Joe Blow