[linux-cifs-client] cifs problems with ExtendedSecurity & asn1_octets_decode() function

bert hubert ahu at ds9a.nl
Mon Aug 2 11:35:23 GMT 2004

All cifs versions I can see (in 2.6.6, in 2.6.8-rc2 and in the 1.17d
tarball) die when ExtendedSecurity is on. With cifsFYI I see 'Need to call
asn1_octets_decode() for this blah$@BLAH.NET', but this never happens, and
this function is commented out.

This message is followed by 'fs/cifs/connect.c: No session or bad tcon',
'CIFS vfs: leaving cifs_mount (xid = 6) rc = 1', 'CIFS vfs: cifs_mount
failed w/return code = 1'.

Then follows the  actual Oops is in do_kern_mount in dget. do_kern_mount was
called from do_mount. 'Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer derference at
virtual address 0000003d'.

I turned on ExtendedSecurity because when trying to mount a share on an
Windows 2000 sp4 machine, I get 'RCP_NT_PROTSEQ_NOT_SUPPORTED'. Any further
clues would be appreciated, smbclient also can't talk to this machine,
although it reports a 'general failure' instead, ethereal thinks this is a
hardware failure.

Thanks - please cc me as I'm not subscribed to this list.