[linux-cifs-client] fix for readpages leak (various symptoms reported)

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Apr 15 23:18:38 GMT 2004

On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 06:17:10PM -0500, Steve French wrote:
> Found the extra reference to read ahead pages in cifs_readpages that
> caused memory leak (extra call to page_cache_get).
>
> http://cvs.samba.org/samba/ftp/cifs-cvs/cifs-1.0.7a-2.6.tar.gz
>
> This fixes the problem but caching is not working as expected so
> performance is a bit slower when I just ran iozone.   I will look at
> this, but other tests I ran are doing ok.

Steve,

	I now have a 2.6 built kernel so I'm doing some cifsfs
tests - I'd recommend trying tridge's ping_pong.c test for the
byte range locking code - find it at :

http://samba.org/ftp/unpacked/junkcode/

under the ping_pong.c link.

I'm going to be working with this to ensure everything works
well with Samba 3.x.

Jeremy.