[linux-cifs-client] file_mode not honoured by cifs/mount.cifs?

Steven French sfrench at us.ibm.com
Thu Apr 15 13:40:13 GMT 2004

> Doing an "ls -la" on the mounted filesystem shows that files
> have the correct permissions: "-wx-wx-wx".
> When I try to "cat" one of the files (while not logged on as root), it
> allowed me to view the file but should report "permissions denied

I just reproduced that on current code, must be something trivial I missed
in the permission entry point.

Protecting the files at the server would of course work and be more secure,
but what you did should work too.  I will check it out when I get to my
test systems later today.

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin
phone: 512-838-2294
email: sfrench at-sign us dot ibm dot com