[linux-cifs-client] Problem mounting Win2k shares with mount.cifs

Roberto Salomon salomon at techisa.srv.br
Wed Apr 14 21:21:00 GMT 2004

Updating on my previous post:

I have been experiencing a problem when accessing Win2k shares using
mount.cifs that has already been reported but no solution has,
apparently, been posted.

When mounting a Win2K share from a Linux workstation using the command:

mount -t cifs //192.168.200.54/test /mnt/smb -o user=TestUser

I get the error:

mount error 22 = Invalid argument

I upgraded to SuSE's test kernel 2.6.4-34 and now I get the error:

mount error 13 = Permission denied

The user has access to the share and I can mount it using smbfs.

Any ideas?