[linux-cifs-client] cifs API

Luis Claudio R. Goncalves lclaudio at conectiva.com.br
Wed Dec 17 12:21:59 GMT 2003

Hi!

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 04:55:52AM -0000, nandkumar l mane wrote:
| Hi Everybody,
|
| I am new & this is my 1st question.
| I want to create cifs share on linux & MAC OS X so that windows can access it.
| Can you plz tell me some APIs to acieve it OR tell me how shild I achieve it .

If I got your questions right, you need to use samba and create a share.

The "cifs-client" addressed in this list is a client to windows/samba
shares. You can use it or the old smbfs to mount the shares, not to export
them. To export a windows style share in linux you must use samba.

[]'s
Luis
--
[ Luis Claudio R. Goncalves                  lclaudio at conectiva.com.br ]
[ Fingerprint:   4FDD B8C4 3C59 34BD 8BE9  2696 7203 D980 A448 C8F8    ]