[jcifs] Hung threads accessing domain controller

Rina Patel kotadiarina at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 10:31:25 UTC 2017

Hi Mike ,

I found one link (
https://lists.samba.org/archive/jcifs/2005-January/004560.html) which
defines while connecting to repository/file server if domain controller not
able to resolve user domain name threads gets hung in tomcat as domain
controller not responding , as per below link

he others are asked to wait at SmbTransport.java:877 but never
notified when the negotiation is complete (so they can simply return).

I believe the fix is to add a notify:

    947         state = ST_NEGOTIATED;
    948         notify();
    949     }

still we face same issue , we already using  latest version of jcifs jar
*jcifs-1.3.18.jar.*

Is it been fixed anywhere? then which version ?

--
Regards,
Rina