[jcifs] The Push to Disable SMB1

Vella, Shon svella at idauto.net
Tue Jul 11 14:43:24 UTC 2017

Mike,

Yes, there are patches for all the known vulnerabilities, and that's
what we are telling our customers. But Microsoft has been pushing
customers to turn off SMBv1 for at least a year now, primarily because
they just don't want to support it anymore, and the WannaCry and Petya
outbreaks give them more fuel for their campaign, even though the
vulnerability was in their implementation, not the protocol itself.

Shon Vella
Identity Automation
Staff Engineer
www.identityautomation.com