[jcifs] unknown user name or bad password

Steve Pruitt bpruitt at opentext.com
Tue Dec 12 19:32:05 UTC 2017

I gotten past this issue, I think.  I now get:  jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

I am trying to hit a Windows folder from another Windows machine.  The credentials are correct and the target folder is set to Sharing and my userid is on the list.

Not sure how to debug this.

Thanks.

-S