[jcifs] why I can not access the shared folder by calling the function SmbFile.connect.

HuangLijun at rst.ricoh.com HuangLijun at rst.ricoh.com
Thu Sep 29 06:13:12 UTC 2016

Hello,

   Recently I use the SmbFile.connect to check if the Authentication is
successful, in Android, using JCIFS without domain.

   Firtly,I modified the following settings on the test computer and create
a shared folder in the computer.
   >turn off password protected sharing in the path of Control Panel
\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings.

   Secondly,I call SmbFile.connect to access the the shared path on that
   test computer, and I get the connect result is fail because of
   TransportException : Connection timeout(as follows) whether I enter a
   user name or not.

jcifs.smb.SmbException: Failed to connect: 0.0.0.0<00>/172.25.78.108
jcifs.util.transport.TransportException: Connection timeout
   at jcifs.util.transport.Transport.connect(Transport.java:174)
   at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.connect(SmbTransport.java:307)
   at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeConnect(SmbTree.java:156)
   at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.doConnect(SmbFile.java:911)
   at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.connect(SmbFile.java:957)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)

   But I can access the shared folder on that test computer successfully
via another computer and do not enter a user name.

   If possible, can you tell me why I can not access the shared folder by
calling the function SmbFile.connect.