[jcifs] STATUS_PIPE_NOT_AVAILABLE(0xC00000AC)

masahiro.kurosawa.kc at hitachi.com masahiro.kurosawa.kc at hitachi.com
Wed Feb 25 03:37:48 MST 2015

Dear jCIFS Team,

We found jcifs.smb.SmbTransport#doSend() method often gets an error
response with status code: STATUS_PIPE_NOT_AVAILABLE(0xC00000AC)
in the case where the connecting server is running on Windows 8/8.1 or
Windows Server 2012/2012R2 even if the connecting server is in good health.

We consider that this is resulted from the same cause mentioned in
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2014-March/098232.html
after some tests (see below for detail).

Could you give us jCIFS team's view on this, please?

[Detail]
 - Reproducible.
 - First connection results in this error response in higher rate.
 - doSend() methods successfully ends with status code:
   STATUS_SUCCESS(0x00000000) when retried.
 - Windows 7: NEVER
   Windows 8: REPRO
   Windows 8.1: REPRO
   Windows Server 2008 R2: NEVER
   Windows Server 2012: REPRO
   Windows Server 2012 R2: REPRO
- jCIFS version: latest (1.3.18)
- Stack trace (fragment):
Caused by: jcifs.smb.SmbException: All pipe instances are busy.
 at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.checkStatus(SmbTransport.java:522)
 at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:622)
 at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:239)
 at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.send(SmbTree.java:109)
 at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.send(SmbFile.java:718)
 at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.open0(SmbFile.java:923)
 at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.open(SmbFile.java:940)
 at jcifs.smb.SmbFileOutputStream.<init>(SmbFileOutputStream.java:142)
 at jcifs.smb.TransactNamedPipeOutputStream.<init>(TransactNamedPipeOutputStream.java:32)
 at jcifs.smb.SmbNamedPipe.getNamedPipeOutputStream(SmbNamedPipe.java:187)
 at rpc.ncacn_np.RpcTransport.attach(RpcTransport.java:92)
 at rpc.Stub.attach(Stub.java:106)
 at rpc.Stub.call(Stub.java:110)
 at org.jinterop.winreg.smb.JIWinRegStub.winreg_OpenHKLM(JIWinRegStub.java:111)
 ... 4 more

---
Thanks,
Masahiro Kurosawa