[jcifs] No maven release of 1.3.18? and no public SCM?

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 02:14:06 UTC 2015

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 1:01 PM, Fritz Elfert <fritz at fritz-elfert.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd really like to use the latest jcifs in my maven project, BUT:
>
> https://jcifs.samba.org/ states that 1.3.18 is the latest release, while
> searching on maven central, the latest available package is 1.3.17
>
> Furthermore, am I missing something or why is there no public SCM for jcifs?
> I looked on git.samba.org but could not find anything. On github, there
> are several clones (some of them outdated).
>
> So: Where is the *official* public SCM (git, svn or...whatever)?
>
> Thanks in advance,

Hi Fritz,

There is no public or private git, svn or whatever at all. I always
just rolled a new .zip/.tgz/.jar and put them it in the download area
on jcifs.samba.org. I never saw the value in version control and
patches like SVN and I've been coding since the 90's when that sort of
thing was standard.

But I like git. It makes much more sense to just push a complete
package into a git repo and then anyone can pull it down and have a
working package.

But we (I) have never published anything into git or maven or anything
like that. That was the work of other people that were not associated
with the project.

If I have the occasion to do such a thing I will look into pushing
packages into a git repo. But for now it's just what you see in the
download area (and the secret 'old' directory like
...ba.org/old/jcifs-1.3.17.zip).

Java Active Directory Integration