[jcifs] Issues connecting with DFS server

M. D. moder at abv.bg
Fri Oct 10 05:07:33 MDT 2014

 Hello,

I was wondering if this problem was solved. I'm experiencing the same particular issue:

Caused by: jcifs.smb.SmbException: Invalid operation for ????? service
	at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.send(SmbTree.java:100)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.send(SmbFile.java:775)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.queryPath(SmbFile.java:1363)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.exists(SmbFile.java:1417)

> That error:

>   Invalid operation for ????? service at
> jcifs.smb.SmbTree.send(SmbTree.java:100)

> means that the client received an SmbComTransaction response
> subCommand that JCIFS doesn't understand.

> If you can provide a capture, I might be able to tell you more (do not
> post packet captures to the mailing list).

Captures will follow.

P.S. If it is of any help - I'm querying DFS shares.

Best regards,
M.D