[jcifs] JCIFS broadcast events

Vasyl Tegza kislo.metal at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 06:45:01 MST 2014

any one ?
Thanks

________________________
[ WBR, Vasyl Tegza ]
 Developer
e-mail: kislo.metal at gmail.com
Tel: +380 98 645 19 05

On 12 листопада 2014 р. at 16:49:53, Vasyl Tegza (kislo.metal at gmail.com) wrote:

Hi all,
Could you help me with next issue ?

Recently we updated jcifs library from 1.2.11 to 1.3.17
On our dev, qa, uat environments everything was ok, nevertheless we go into the troubles on production (lets name production server as serverA).

While trying to list files on remote folder, reading files, etc. with jcifs 1.3.17  our AD user, used by our application, locked off by another machine (lets name it serverB). It was clear from Active Directory event log that it was locked not by serverA where our application is running.

We found that the user was locked by Quest Authentication Service (looks like it is DELL product, and it works with Active Directory  & samba by caching, updating AD users and providing authentication bridge , it is also known as vasd service) that is running on serverB.
If samba is stopped on that serverB our application works without issues and able to located and process files on remote folder with the autheniticated account.
After the samba was started on serverB account goes to the locked state (with wrong password message).
We assume that account become locked only in combination of lunched the application with jcifs 1.3.17 and samba started on serverB.

Same application with jcifs 1.2.11 woks without any issue with samba  running on serverB.

I am assuming that jcifs 1.3.17 generate some AD/samba networks event that vasd service on serverB catch and trying to update user information or simular by logging in with the account with wrong password.

Was there any change in jcifs in versions from 1.2.11 to 1.3.17 that could cause such behave. Maybe you can tell me what exact it does and what kind of events it generate ?

Thank you.
[ WBR, Vasyl Tegza ]
 Developer
e-mail: kislo.metal at gmail.com