[jcifs] Large Read/Write Patch

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 11:46:17 MST 2014

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 8:27 AM, Robin Jansohn <snoopi30 at web.de> wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> I had a dependency problem which I fixed now. I can confirm that reading is
> faster too when using the patch. My (updated) results:
>
> jcifs-1.3.17: 7.816794MB/s
> jcifs-1.3.17-patch: 14.222222MB/s
> smbclient: 102.7856641MB/s
>
> I did not find anything suspicious in the logs so I guess this is the most I
> can get for now.

A dependency problem? Are you running your test within a larger
application? If you run your test from within a webapp or something
like that, you might very well get different results. At least if you
want to compare it to smbclient, you would have to test it in a
similar manner like example/SmbGet. Otherwise, the comparison is not
terribly meaningful.

Mike

--
Michael B Allen