[jcifs] Large Read/Write Patch

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 19:31:36 MST 2014

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 3:04 AM, Robin Jansohn <snoopi30 at web.de> wrote:
> Unfortunately, when reading a 1GB file from the windows share to linux, the
> transfer speed does not improve with the patch and JCIFS in general is way,
> way slower than smbclient.
>
> jcifs-1.3.17: 7.816794MB/s
> jcifs-1.3.17-patch: 7.6646705MB/s
> smbclient: 102.7856641MB/s

Hi Robin,

I just tried it and I got 22 MB/s with JCIFS vs 52 MB/s with
smbclient. I used examples/Get.java but changed the read buffer to
0xffff and commented out the println('#'). Also you need to run JCIFS
and smbclient a few times for the numbers to level off.

You might want to study a log and make sure there's nothing strange
going on like a name service timeout or something of that nature.
Also, if you mess around with properties that could easily break
something so try to stick with the default property values. Smbclient
is always going to be faster but it should be more like 2x and not 10x
like what you're seeing.

Java Active Directory Integration