[jcifs] Issue : jcifs.smb.SmbException: Transport1 timedout waiting for response to SmbComWriteAndX

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 23:24:48 MST 2014

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 7:43 AM, Rina Patel <kotadiarina at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mike ,
> I am getting "transport timeout" exception while "writing"  files on remote
> repository using concurrent thread.My application creates one thread per
> file of folder.So file writing process running concurrently for all files.

Hi Rina,

My guess would be that you're just overwhelming the server trying to
write many files concurrently.

If you're trying to write some kind of torture test, I don't think
bombarding the server with dozens or possible hundreds of concurrent
file / dir writes is realistic. No real application would actually do
that.

I would not be surprised if Windows had some logic to actually block a
client trying to do such things.

Otherwise, there's nothing obviously wrong with your code that I can see.