[jcifs] Performance Issue with jcifs and NetApp

Torsten Uhr torsten.uhr at sql-ag.de
Wed May 29 07:56:01 MDT 2013

Hi André,

thanks for Your quick reply.

> Is that what happens ?
Exactly.

see: http://www.netapp.com/de/products/protocols/nas/cifs.aspx

> do you have any way, on the NetApp server, to trace what is going on and see what the difference is when accessing these files from the one or the other type of client ?

I have pleased our customer to contact their operations to check out for any logs. At the moment their are only connection information but no logs.

> Or alternatively, on the client system, to trace what is going on between that client and that NetApp server ?
I have told our customer to set the property 'jcifs.util.loglevel=10'. Are there any other tasks to enable logging in jcifs?
If i receive any further information, I will send it to You.

with best regards

Torsten Uhr

Email: torsten.uhr at sql-ag.de
Web  : www.transconnect-online.de