[jcifs] jcifs problem

Victor Eguren victor.eguren at gmail.com
Sun May 5 07:09:02 MDT 2013

Hello, hope you can help us with a problem we have been having for a while
with some web applications using jcifs.

The error that occurs occasionally in the log is:
"No more connections can be made to this remote computer at this time
because there are already as many connections as the computer can accept"

We have read some threads here that talk about this error. For that reason
we consulted the DC administrators, after some joint tests, they assures us
that there is no problem in the DC side.

Thanks for the help.
Victor.

Additional Information:

   - Jcifs version: 1.3.17 (although the problem occurs with other versions)

   - Parameters used in web.xml:

NtlmHttpFilter
jcifs.smb.client.domain
jcifs.netbios.wins
jcifs.util.loglevel

We also tested with the following parameters:

jcifs.http.domainController

jcifs.smb.client.username

jcifs.smb.client.password

jcifs.smb.lmCompatibility

jcifs.smb.client.useExtendedSecurity

   - Active Directory Domain Controller in Windows 2003 (also have tried
   some suggestions of threads that talk about jcifs and Windows 2003)

   - Another occasional error that occurs:

"The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to"