[jcifs] Peformance questions

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 21:45:58 MST 2013

On Feb 26, 2013 2:59 AM, "Philip Warner" <pjw at rhyme.com.au> wrote:

> On 26/02/2013 12:29 PM, Michael B Allen wrote:
> > To be honest now it sounds like jcifs is doing something wrong. It
probably shouldn't hang if the server or env doesn't support
> > dfs. And the only way to really figure out what the problem is is to
get a capture.

> I'd suggest that one thing at least is weird: why does it make DFS
enquiries while in the process of writing to a file? ISTM that
> once I have an OutputStream it really should not be doing (or needing)
DNS stuff...but I don't know CIFS.

JCIFS should absolutely not be querying DFS during writes and I would be
surprised if it actually is. That is something that would require a proper
capture to verify.